About Dr. Dub Services Diagnosis FAQs Links Contact

Helpful Hints:
  • -Families often question releasing a student's disability and significant educational history to new institutions. This is a serious question and one that should be given careful and considerate thought.
  • -If a student needed and used an accommodation, they would likely continue to need that support in another school environment. For example, a student with dyslexia who routinely needed and used extended time on tests requiring reading would continue to need that testing modification.
  • -Schools differ in the range of support services available for students with and without disabilities. Students and parents need to carefully investigate schools to determine if individual needs can be met.
  • -For students entering elementary, middle, or high school: Students with disabilities who request any type of accommodation are often required to submit a recent, psychoeducational evaluation that includes a diagnosed disability. In some specialized educational institutions, this report is considered as part of the application to determine if a given school is an appropriate match for a student.
  • -For students entering college: Many colleges and universities across the nation require a recent, comprehensive psychoeducational evaluation including an adult scale of intelligence for students with learning disabilities and in many situations, AD/HD, if that student needs testing modifications or other types of support at school (Visit www.ahead.org and www.ets.org for additional documentation information).

  © 2007 Elyse Dub, Ph. D., NCSP, NYS Licensed Psychologist